Friday, March 20, 2009

Why don't people value something which is given free of charge???

I was attending a workshop last week and one thing which made me angry was the behaviour of some  people.

Why don't people appreciate something when they get it for free?
 That workshop was conducted free of charge and most of the participants were engaged in their own business when a lecturing session was going on.

It was really annoying me and I couldn't do anything.

I couldn't understand why those people behaved like that. They didn't think of the value of that session. I understood that people don't value something when they are getting it for free. When these people are given a chance to learn something new free of charge, they were just ignoring it due to some silly reasons. They were not thinking that someone is doing something free of charge just because they care about other people and want them to become more professional... Don't these people know how much other people spending to attend such workshops???

I value such good opportunities because personally I've spent money on such workshops. But these people were wasting a good opportunity... I don't know the reason... But onething I know for sure is that those people who were ignoring the service given free of charge will definitely regret about their mistakes oneday and surely they will be suffering at least a litte...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm impressed about you and your attitude. Our country needs students like you to carry on free education system this country offers to you. After reading your blog I feel that you’re a student who gets maximum benefit of this free education, unlike most others who waste their parents’ money and waste this country’s resources and do nothing.
However after reading your blog I got another feeling which is very important, that you have done a tremendous job of keeping eye on others in the workshop. This is exactly what our country need in era like this. We need more and more spies like you to keep the quality of the free education system.
I wish you all the best for your upcoming spy missions. Hope you will improve your spying abilities in future. While you are spying on others feel free to learn something from workshops.

Nisansa Dilushan said...

Surely you are not referring to the workshop done by WSo2, are you?

Umashanthi Pavalanathan said...

@Kosala: I feel sorry for you, for misunderstanding my ideas.

@Nisansa Dilushan: Why it can't be? :)