Sunday, May 23, 2010

Getting ready towards a new journey...


During the last two weeks my main focus was on preparing myself with the technologies which I am going to use in the project. I read about GXT and Spring mostly. While reading on Spring, I referred the OpenMRS code base (both trunk and modules) to get a clear understanding of how Spring Controllers, Handlers etc are used in the project. Honestly I progressed quickly with my reading because of the real world solution I was looking at. I read more on Spring Controllers since it will be handy for me when implementing the project.

As the next step I searched for possible libraries to be used for the purpose of GXT+Spring integration. As my mentor Sy suggested, I read about GWT-SL library and looked at some code hosted online. I got the basic idea about it and I am sure that I will get more understanding once I start using it. Meanwhile I requested for svn access and I got it. The developers at OpenMRS had long discussions about the name of the module and finally decided to have "flowsheet" replacing the existing flowsheet module.

In brief the last two weeks were full of new learning experience. Now another new journey is going to start... Yes, it is the GSoC coding period... the coding period officially starts on 24th May. I am looking forward for a nice period ahead.. Also I am sure that I will be learning a lot during the next developer call on Thursday through the demonstration on OpenMRS by Ben Wolfe.

The new journey starts here and I am getting ready to give my best...

No comments: