Sunday, June 13, 2010

Third week of Coding - Modeling the Transfer Objects


As mentioned in my previous post, during the third week I worked on the modeling the required API classes in the GWT client side. When using GWT-RPC, the transfer objects should be serializable. The bean class can implement either java.io.Serializable interface or the IsSerializable provided by GWT library. When the GWT module is compiled using the GWT compiler, it will create these bean classes in to javascript and package them in the generated folder, which is used as a resources in the OpenMRS module. I came up with a initial version of the class diagram and it can be modified later on when requiring more details. The diagram below shows the initial version of the class diagram.


I added these classes to org.openmrs.modules.flowsheet.gwt.model package and modified the FlowsheetServiceImpl to use these classes. The image below shows the output I got.
Last Thursday I presented my project's first demo to the OpenMRS community during the developer call. I explained the project, integration of GWT-RPC to the module etc. I got good feedback and valuable suggestions from the community to handle huge amount of data. I am reading more on the suggestions to decide on the most suitable methodology. It was a great experience for me to present the demo to such a experienced group of developers. Their encouraging words always motivate me to give my best. Special thanks to my mentor Syfor guiding me to present the demo successfully.

Awaiting for many more excitements and experiences...

No comments: