Monday, June 21, 2010

Fourth Week of Coding - Date Range Filtering



Just completed another exciting week and now it's almost a month after coding started. During this week, I modified the class diagram posted in my previous blog to have some fields like hiNormal,hiCritical, hiAbsolute,lowNormal,lowCritical and lowAbsolute in the UIConcept class. The purpose is to indicate any abnormal values of observation. Using this values, abnormal flags are indicated in red text as show below.

I will use a more effective way to show the abnormal flags in the future.

As the next task, I worked on date range filtering of Patient data. I did some search about possible widgets to use for the date range selection. DatePicker and Slider were my choices. After reading more, I used GXT's DateField (which has DatePicker popup) widget for date range selection. Using a slider widget was not a good choice in my opinion since it will be difficult to select accurate values. Using the feature of the GXT DatePicker widget which allows to specify a Max and Min value of dates to be selection-enabled, I achieved the objective. This widget will only allow to select dates between the range the patient has records.



I modified the service method which retrieve patient data to have additional parameters in order to enable date range filtering. I am happy that we reached the mid-term goal roughly by finishing this task. But there will be much more improvements in these features.

The next feature I am planning to have is filtering data by Concept. Once this features is implemented, the user will be able to filter patient data according to the Concepts related to the observations of that person. I started working on this and looking forward to finish it by next week.

In the mean time I received the Google's welcome package. It included a note book, pend and two stickers. Also the payment card as well :) .

Looking forward to keep my passion growing...



No comments: