Monday, July 12, 2010

Reaching the Mid-Term of the Summer


We have reached the mid of the summer and the mid-term evaluations are to be completed during this week. I am really happy that I have reached far beyond my mid-term goals and completed majority of the tasks for the summer. Now I am left with few more tasks, ehancements and documentation. I believe I can complete them far before the end of summer and work more on future enhancements. I have updated the 'Planning' section of my project wiki . I am very much thankful to the whole OpenMRS community; especially my mentors Sy Hass and Paul Biondich, and Burke for their wonderful guidance and feedback on my work. The motivation I got from my mentors and the rest of the community was the secret behind my success in this project. I am sure that this will continue during the rest of the summer and in the future as well.

I was able to complete some nice feature additions to the Flowsheet module. I added a flowsheet section in the pop-up window which shows the obs values against dates in a tabular view. For numeric type observations, the pop-up window has a the line chart along with this flowsheet. The screenshots below, shows the newly added features.






I used the GXT's Grid widget to create the flowsheet. This required some learning since it has some data binding confiurations. I am planning to use the Grid widget for the main view of the module where the obs are listed in reverse chronological order. This will give a nicer look than the current one. I got ideas for some more features from my mentors and Burke and I am working on it along with the rest of the tasks. Looking forward to the demo on the 22nd, July.

Hope everything will be fine with my mid-term evaluations.

No comments: